Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Oh,Hallelujah! The Cat Toy Tree!

"May have to rethink this whole human thing," I thought, standing before the Cat Toy tree. My tail wagged excitedly. My little heart beat wildly. Where to start? Oh, where to start?

It is like some sort of shrine or great sculpture they have erected just for me! Is this what they do. Do people live in some sort of topsy-turvy, upside down world in which they worship cats? When I cry they feed me, or scratch my belly. Doesn't seem like they can get to sleep unless I have been placed at the foot of the bed in the warmest most confortable spot available. Five a.m. every morning the male human flies out of bed to make sure I get breakfast.

Listen, I know I whined a bit about cold hard food at first, but maybe I had this thing all wrong. The food ain't so bad, I suppose. I lick my butt now and then, and I got to be honest the food is a good deal tastier.

But the tree, the tree takes all. It is filled with gold and silver and red shiny balls, fat white snowmen and bears, lace, tinsel and deliciously enticing strings of little tiny lights. At the top they placed a big lighted star. Might as well have put up a sign that says, "Climb up here and get me!"

I think the best part was how the humans celebrated while decorating my tree. They laughed and toasted with those odd and nasty liquids that come from suspiciously dark bottles. Seems to mke them sillier after a few glasses.

I turn to Smudge, half dozing on the window sill and exclaim, "Can you believe this? They made this tree just for me, some sort of welcome or worship thing, I suppose. Don't worry, Smudge, my love, my belle, I'll share...a bit. let me ask, did they make you a tree when you first arrived? Huh?"

Smudge shook her head and turned back to the window and the warm streaming sunlight, and replied, "Dork."

No comments:

Post a Comment