Friday, December 11, 2009

SNOW!!!

I watched it come right out of the sky, a white little speck silhouetted against a blustery night sky. It drifted lazy, tugged this way, then that way. A little eddy whipped it up and back before continuing earthward. I blinked once and lifted my nose towards tht strangle white speck. My tail beat wildly in anticipation.

At the last instant it slipped past my nose and fell cold and wet into my left eye. Cold and wet, who would have thunk it? No pain, and if I could I would have laughed out loud. Darn the luck that I can't even smile. Instead, in excited wonder I ran around in a circle and leapt into the air.

Suddenly the sky was filled with snowflakes, fat wet cold white snowflakes. Oh, those glorious little things! There must have been a million of 'em. Rolling onto my back I stretched out my paws as they fell upon my furry little belly.

Later, watching from the window I marvelled as the snow piled up on the grass outside. So beautiful and magical and I wondered if it had been created just for me. Is there a creator, some great and wise cat-like diety in the sky blanketing the world in that wet and white magic? Sadly it isn't a question I can easily answer. Cats don't have religion yet. That won't come for another million years when we take over and enslave mice to build our scratch-post empire.

No comments:

Post a Comment