Thursday, November 19, 2009

Day 35

Breakfast of cold hard Friskies. Like prison food. The humans eat great food. Sometimes I sit on the counter and watch the male cook, and breathe in the smells. Sometimes you eat just to fill your belly. Got out this morning into the courtyard. Rolled around in the wet grass and big golden maple leaves covering the lawn. It was glorious!

Discovered a new terrible trick the humans have been playing. They have this thing called a "Screen Door." Just about snapped my neck last night thinking I could just bolt into the yard. The humans howl with laughter. Sick and sadistic. I'm saving up to cough a hairball into a slipper or shoe. Only bright spot was that I managed bit of payback to Smudge. I saw the screen and stopped just short. She kept going and did a great accordian inpersonation. Have to admit, saw bit of that sadistic joy the humans seem to find.

Rest of the day slept and dreamed of wide-open sun-drenched fields, chasing lizards and butterflies, and feasting on chubby sparrows: Fat, happy and free. I dreamed of little tabby I once loved from afar at the shelter in Michigan. Though she hardly seemed to notice, I would nonchalantly lick her white and gold fur, hoping she would return the favor. Would have died happy chasing that tail the rest of my days.

Woke with a start. Thought I felt an ear mite. Thank god it was nothing. Warm here in the window beneath a potted lavender plant. The sun feels warm...yawn..feel sleep coming...oh the life of a cat......

No comments:

Post a Comment