Wednesday, November 18, 2009

November 18 2009

Day 34 of my struggle, since I first arrived here from the Animal Shelter up in Munising, Michigan. It was a big family there, all of us cats. A bit crowded in that tiny room, always forced to fight and scrap for food, but we were a family. A furry body knew who he could trust. Always had a nice warm body to sleep beside, lick your ears. Really the closest thing to a litter, those precious and simple days cuddled up to mom's belly.

Don't get me wrong, this is pretty good gig here in Chicago. Nothing that a six toed kitten with gold and brown bobcat looks and copper eyes should complain about. Bill and Ana, the couple who adopted me are nice enough. They play with me. He seems to like when I chase after this tin foil ball, so I indulge him. Helps keep me in shape. Like all humns they are suckers though. I do this thing where I flop onto my back and put my legs up in the air. Whatever they re doing that stops them cold and they oo and ahh over it. That usually gets me food, let outside and gets my belly scratched.

Problem is their other cat, Smudge, a black and white stray, with a Miss Thang attitude. Despite the attitude she's a real beauty, four shapely gams that go all the way up here and golden eyes to kill for. Do not know muchabout her, except she carries a secret. can't say for sure, but I guess there was another cat in the house. What happened I can only guess. Is smudge at the center of the mystery, or a victim of it? Hard to say.

Found a clump of fur under the television, tucked back out of sight, while digging for that cursed foil ball. This much I know, it wasn't Smudge's. Who was it? What happened to that other cat? Does this whole family harbor a dark secret? Was it...Murder!

I promise to answer all these questions. Cat heaven help me I will, and I will avenge that crime and bring the perps to just... got to go. They're coming home, the humans that is. I'll try to get close to Smudge and see what I can find out, that is if that mad, mad beauty let's me. More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment